Happy Friday everyone~
Can you believe there are only 81 days until Christmas? In a few days we'll be giving you our October edition of new Flourishes Stamps all with a Christmas theme.
And because we know you want a chance to win these beauties, this month we have a Color Challenge with a twist.
Your challenge is to create a Christmas Design without the use of the color Red or Green! Get creative and give all of those other colors in the wheel a chance to show their holiday style! Play in the challenge and you could win our whole October Release! Your keyword for entering into online galleries is FLLCOCT13.
Here is my card for the challenge:
Dear Santa. As you see, I used pink, teal blue and brown/gray for the color challenge. I think the star pattern paper and the image give a Christmas-y feel to the card ;)
Classic White cardstock, Color Made Easy cardstock - Tonal Gray, Emerald Coast, Candy Pink, Echo Park designer paper
Memento - Tuxedo Black, Gray Flannel, Teal Zeal
Copic markers - Tonal Neutrals, Spruce, Terra Cotta, Dogwood (retired)
enamel dots, pink gingham ribbon tape
Tailor-Made Classic Bookplate die, Spellbinders dies, edge punch
THE OFFICIAL RULES:
- Simply create a Christmas themed card or project without the colors of Red or Green in the design.
- Entries need to be in by Friday October at 11th at 5 PM EST
- Those entries using Flourishes Stamps will be counted twice
- You must link your creation on our InLinkz Widgit to be counted
- You must have a link to our challenge in your blog post or gallery post
- Please DO NOT combine challenges from other sites or locations. Only those entries that don’t combine will be in the running. Because this challenge means winning new Flourishes sets we want to see your beautiful creations made specifically for this challenge.
- If you upload to SCS please use the keyword FLLCOCT13
- We’ll announce the winners on Saturday in our Winner’s Circle Post here on the blog on Saturday October 12th , so check back then to find out if you are a winner!
Thanks for stopping by today and we look forward to seeing what you create! We’ll see you here on Wednesday October 9th when our gorgeous October Sneak Peeks start! Have fun with those colors! And now for some wonderful Christmas with a Twist inspiration, our Design Team has pulled out all the stops to get your Christmas creativity jump-started:
- Allison Cope
- Christine Okken
- Cindy Lawrence
- Heather Jensen
- Julie Koerber
- Maki Jones (You're here)
- Silke Ledlow
- Stacy Morgan
- Tosha Leyendekker