1.17.2011

FTTC101– Big is in!! 5x7 Card

 

SONY DSC

 

Happy Tuesday everyone~

First of all, thank you so much for participating the FTTC100 Blog Hop last week! All cards are so wonderful and beautiful! Fantastic job everyone!! All winners and special awards will be announced on Thursday, Jan 20th at Flourishes Blog! Just a couple more days for waiting girls!!

Anyway, it's time for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC101)!! Dee Jackson is our challenge host. Dee is challenging us to make oversized cards. This week your card needs to be 5" x 7". So *BIG* is in! Have fun. We can't wait to see what you create.

 

 

SONY DSC

I think I made 5x7 card only a couple times before…so this was a great challenge to push myself out of the comfort zone ;) I decided to make a Valentine’s Day card with using Fanciful Flourishes set. I used the sketch from Mojo Monday 174 (MOJO174) and kept my colors just 2 different shades of pink and vanilla colors. The BG was dry embossed with the texture plate. The heart was stamped on the vintage ivory cardstock four times (3 hearts for the dimensional hearts and 1 heart for the back piece. Then I adhered the heart on the layers I made with Nestablities. I used Webster’s Pages paper and stamped the saying from Tag Lines set. I embellished the ribbon, baker’s twine, button and flourishes pearls with tea roses.

 

 

There are some changes for the FOF team. Please check today’s Flourishes Blog for more detail about the change.

Be sure to check out other FOF’s creations!

Betty

Cindy

Dee

Silke

and New FOF member and coordinator Tammy

 

 

 

Stamps: Fanciful Flourishes, Tag Lines (Flourishes)
Paper: blushing bride (SU), rich raspberry (PTI), classic ivory (Flourishes), designer paper (Webster’s Pages) 
Ink: rich raspberry (PTI), blushing bride (SU) 
Accessories: ribbon, baker’s twine, button, flourish pearls
Tools: scallop circle and lacey circle Nestabilities, SU texture plate

 

 

Thank you for stopping by.

Maki

14 comments:

Norma said...

Wow!!! beautiful card!! Love the heart!!! Very pretty cards!! TFS
hugs,
Norma

Torico said...

かわいい~♪ とってもきれいな色使いですね。
ハートの重ね方も、lacey circleダイで抜いたマットを重ねるのも素敵なアイディアです!

Dee Jackson said...

Beautiful Maki!! I love this. Great embellishments.I hope you are now a fan of 5"x7" cards.

Silke Ledlow said...

Maki...your card is super beautiful! Love the heart and the bling! Hugs ~S~

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL Maki!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Your card is gorgeous, Maki! I LOVE the pearls and the scalloped border! Very beautiful! (And thank you for the welcome!)

DarcyM said...

Beautiful card, as always! :-) How are you? We need to have a girls' lunch in Shreveport soon!

DarcyM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dori Shelton said...

Stunning card! Thanks for sharing

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous the way you layered and dimensionlized(word?_) the heart! Gorgeous colors and exquisite detailig, Maki! Beautifully done! I must check out the Mojo sketch, too!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Makiko san, this is so beautiful!!! I love the way you did the heart in 3D....gorgeous!! I hope all is well, I have not seen you in a while. Hugs, Sabrina

Leslie Miller said...

What an outstanding card with the most gorgeous decorative touches! The colors are delicious, and I love what you did with the heart. So much to love here, Maki!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh Maki, this is stunning! I love the 3D heart. It is almost fluttering!

Romaine said...

I love the way that you popped out the heart and layered the heart corner. So pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...