2.14.2011

FTTC105–Fun with Designer Papers

 

SONY DSC

Hello everyone~

I hope you had a wonderful Valentine’s Day!! Sadly my Valentine raptured his Achilles tendon on Sunday during the job in Wyoming (he’s been there since January). He is heading home today and will be here some time on Friday…A good thing is that he gets to stay at home for a while. A bad thing is that it will take a long time to heal….approximately 6 months for the fast recovery!! I’d appreciate greatly if you can pray for him. He is really in pain and I just hate I cannot be with him right now :( He sent me a wonderful wine & food gift package for a Valentine’s day gift because his job was not supposed to be done another 3 months…  Looks like we get to share the package together :)

 

OK, enough about my family matter…it’s time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC105).  Betty Wright is our challenge host and she is challenging us to *mix & match 3 or more designer papers* for you card/project!! Please visit at Flourishes Blog to find more detail about how to play the FTTC challenge.

SONY DSC

There are so many beautiful designer papers out there and of course I love using them for my project. I’ve seen Cindy sometimes stamps images on the designer papers and I decided to take her idea for my inspiration :) I used Spring Ephemerals set for the stamped image and Tag Lines for the sayings. I added the punched butterflies with rhinestones on the stamped mat and embellished the ribbon and Prima roses to finish off the card.

 

I used the sketch from Card Positioning Systems 205 (CPS205) and my color inspiration was come from CR84FN Color Challenge 15 (CR84FN15).

CR84FN15 Graphic

205

 

 

 

 

Be sure to check out other FOF’s creations!

Betty

Cindy

Dee – she has a PC problem and will be back as soon as her pc is back to business :P

Silke

Tammy

Laura (Guest FOF)

 

 

Stamps: Spring Ephemerals, Tag Lines (Flourishes)
Paper: so saffron, tempting turquoise, retired designer papers (SU), heavenly white (PaperTemptress) 
Ink: Memento tuxedo black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: ribbon, Prima roses 
Tools: circle Nestabilities, pine needle punch

 

 

Thank you for stopping by.

Maki

49 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

oh my gosh, maki, I will keep your dh in my prayers! what a horrible injury. :(

Deborah Frings said...

Your card is beautiful - love the papers you've used. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

PS I do hope your DH recovers quickly - take care.

Shirl said...

So sorry to hear about your DH's injury! I really hope he'll get well soon, and I'm sure he will, with you tending to him for these few months!

Your card is absolute gorgeous, the stamping on the patterned paper looks great!

Leigh said...

Oh I love this card. The way you've used the pattern papers is fantastic. Thinking of you and your DH, hope recovery goes well.

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely card and great combo of DP's.
Sorry about your husband....hope he has a speedy recovery.

Laura Pryor said...

Wishes and prayers for your honey to have a speedy recovery! Your card is so beautiful today. I love every last detail. It's perfect!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Prayers for your hubby, Maki! It's hard to keep a man down, so I hope he heals quickly!

I LOOOOVE your card! The colors are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, Maki! Love the vibrant colors! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

So sorry to hear about your hubby's injury.. ouch. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Silke Ledlow said...

Maki, I love how you stamped on the DP..I always forget! Absolutely beautiful card and take on the colors! Hugs ~S~

Ayana Posadas said...

Ohhh myyy goshhh!... GORGEOUS! Those colors look so stunning together. I LOVEEE this card, Makiko!

Pattie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

Amanda said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! I love your colors, design and idea!! You have made one Beautiful card, I love it! :)

Betty Wright said...

Maki, this is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful patterns and design! WOW!

Leanne said...

Love everything, this is a beautiful card. Wow!

Tricia T said...

What gorgeous colors you chose!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh how BEAUTIFUL!!

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the yellow and blue and how you stamped right over the patterned paper. I hope your husband heals quickly.

Beth Miller said...

Beautiful card with a beautiful color combination. Inspiring!!

Andrea M said...

WOW Makiko! This is stunning!!! Gorgeous layout and a fabby card!!! Really pretty! What a wonderful take on the challenge colors!!! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Fantastic card...just love it. So sorry about your DH and realize that's a really painful situation so yes for sure he will be in my prayers. Best to you also, Pat

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Maki! Love all the little butterflies fluttering about and that patterned paper is so pretty! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :) I hope your hubby has a speedy recovery. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers :)

Sue Lelli said...

Maki, LOVE the patterned paper and the butterflies and your bow is just FAB! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Stella said...

Your card is gorgeous; such an elegant take on the challenge; I love it. I;m so sorry to hear about your husbands'injury. I hope that there weill be a speedy recovery...
Thanks so much for playing along at CR84FN!

Grace said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the color combo and the papers you chose! So sorry about your hubby's injury! Prayers for his speedy recovery!

Lea L. said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the ribbon you used, and the flowers you accented the middle of the bow with! Those teeny butterfly accents are super cute too! Great job with the CPS sketch! ♥♥♥

Angella D. Crockett said...

Sending prayers for your DH!! Thanks for sharing such a beautiful card with us....gorgeous colors and details! God Bless!

joy said...

Maki - beautiful card! Love the bright happy colors! We will pray for your DH and hope he is hopping around soon!

Leslie Miller said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband! I know an Achilles injury takes a long time to heal and can be very painful. Poor thing! As for your card... gosh I haven't seen this stamp used in a long time. Love it with the pretty shade of blue background with the white trails which remind me of bugs zooming around in a garden.

Linda Carson said...

WOW! What a beautiful card! Lots of mojo in this beauty! I hope your husband heals quickly & gets relief from the pain.

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the colors..wow!!

Emily Keaton said...

Absolutely beautiful, Maki!! Great use of those challenge colors, and the patterned papers you chose are super. :)

shulsart said...

Beautiful choice of papers, so bright and happy. Sending well wishes for your husband's speedy recovery.

Dragonlady said...

Hi Maki

Great card and do like the colour combo.

Hugs Ali x

stampqueen said...

Sorry to hear about your DH - that one is a major ouch!!!
Pretty card - love the pretty blues!!

Benzi said...

Gorgeous card and I love the stamping on your patterned paper. Looks divine. So sorry about your hubby and I'm wishing him a painless recovery.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love the rich saturated colors in your papers - really makes a stricking card!

Nancy said...

I like how you stamped on the DP. Love your colors!

Khyati said...

Nice one

Cammie said...

Elegant and vibrant--so lovely!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Gorgeous card, Maki, as always! I especially love your rose and bow combination. So sorry to hear about Troy's Achilles tendon - poor guy, that's a tough one. Take good care of him and yourself!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Beautiful card, love the mix of patterns!

Ginny Schleich said...

Beautiful card. The roses on the ribbon is a very nice accent.

Heather Rogers said...

Such a lovely card Makiko. Love the sweet butterflies. Thanks for playing at CR84FN! :)

Christine said...

What a gorgeous card, love the colour combo!

Heidi said...

Maki great choice of DSP for this card, it is beautiful.

FibreJunky said...

Oh no!! I hope your sweetie is on the mend SOON!!! Poor guy! That's a beautiful card you've made, which I assume you've made for him. Love it!!

Debbie said...

So very pretty ... LOVE that pretty yellow polka dotted ribbon!!

dj1952 said...

Maki, your card is beautiful. I love the colors you've used. I love the papers, too. I'm sorry to hear about your dh. I hope he will get better soon. Hugs, dj1952

Cindy Haffner said...

GORGEOUS Maki!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...