June is such a beautiful month! It's full of green, and blooming outdoor colors and textures. In just a few short days we'll be unveiling a new round of stamps at Flourishes inspired by the outdoors. We're really excited to show them to you.
So today, we're challenging you to be inspired by the TEXTURES of nature!
HOW TO PLAY: Create something with an outdoorsy texture in mind - or use an element from nature as part of your design. It could be the texture in an embossing folder that has woodgrain, leaves or vines, it could be a leaf rubbing behind your image, something glossy like rain or shiny like a berry. The interpretation is up to you! If you play along with us, you could win Flourishes entire June Stamp Release! If you upload to SCS please use the keyword FLLCJUN13. You can enter as many times as you like, but we want you to know if you use your Flourishes stamps, your entry counts twice! You have until Friday June 14, 2013 at 5 PM EST to enter. Just be sure to enter your creation below using our InLinkz Widgit. Enjoy exploring those nature textures!
Here is my take on the challenge :)
Beach Life set for the card. For the challenge, I used the twig embossing folder and weathered wood paper. The image was colored with Copic markers and fuss-cut to adhered on the card. The sentiment was die-cut with Perfectly Pierced Classic Hourglass die.
The rest of supplies: Memento - Espresso Truffle, Desert Sand, Classic White cardstock, CME True Blue cardstcok, True Blue bottons, ivory jute twine, rhinestones
How would you like to be inspired by our Senior Design Team before you get started? Hop on over to:
- Amanda Havon
- Christine Okken
- Cindy Lawrence
- Heather Jensen
- Julie Koerber
- Maki Jones
- Silke Ledlow
- Stacy Morgan
- And be sure to welcome our NEWEST Senior Design Team Member - Tosha Leyendekker!! See more about her HERE. We're so excited to have her with us!
THE OFFICIAL RULES:
- Simply create a card using any textures from nature, or inspired by nature
- Entries need to be in by Friday June 14th, 5 PM EST
- Those entries using Flourishes Stamps will be counted twice
- You must link your creation on our InLinkz Widgit to be counted
- You must have a link to our challenge in your blog post or gallery post
- Please DO NOT combine challenges. Only those entries that don't combine will be in the running
- If you upload to SCS please use the keyword FLLCJUN13
- We'll announce the winners on Saturday in our Winner's Circle Post here on the blog on Saturday June 15th, so check back then to find out if you are a winner!
Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great day.