10.11.2010

FTTC88 – Distressed Holiday!

 

SONY DSC

 

Happy Tuesday and it is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC88)! Silke Ledlow is our challenge host this week. Silke is challenging us to ink and edge distressing. Ink and distress the edges of your cards to add dimension and texture. We would love to see what you create!

 

Since Flourishes just kicked the Christmas Week over Flourishes Blog this week, we, FOF team has also planned to post some festivities for this FTTC :):) I decided to play with All That Glitters and Christmas Music set and created this vintage-ish Holiday card.

SONY DSC

When I stamped the music sheet image for the background, I used masking technique a few times so that each music sheet image looked like stacking one layer to another. After I sponged the background with ink, I distressed & torn the edge. I also DTPed VersaMark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder on the edge.

The ornaments were stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed with gold EP as well. then I water colored them with re-inker. I attached the baker’s twine to the ornaments and layered on the Nestabilities mat & paper doily, that was distressed with ink. To finish off the card, I embellished with the lace trim and gold pearls.

 

 

Be sure to check out other FOF’s creations!

Barb

Betty

Cindy

Dee

Silke

 

 

 

Stamps: All That Glitters, Christmas Music (Flourishes)
Paper: rich razzleberry, soft suede, classic ivory (SU), heavenly white (PaperTemptress), paper doily   
Ink: VersaMark (Tsukineko), rich razzleberry, soft suede, chocolate chip, perfect plum (SU) 
Accessories: baker’s twine, lace trim, gold pearls, gold EP 
Tools:  label 9 Nestabilities, fancy tags, distressing tool

 

 

Thank you for stopping by.

Maki

24 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

WOW Maki, this is a STUNNER!!! I love the colours, embossing, shading on your ornaments, and all that texture!! Totally in LOVE :D

Lenet said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

Unknown said...

this is drop-dead gorgeous, maki...absolutely STUNNING!

Christina said...

Woww so, so gorgeous! Looks fantastic Maki!
Hugs Kristel

Piali said...

WOw!! GORGEOUS!!!Love everything about it!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous Maki! Your colors are so elegant and I like how you hung the ornaments. Simply gorgeous.

Barbara said...

Simply stunning! Gorgeous colors and fabulous design! Love it to pieces!

Cindy Haffner said...

Maki just STUNNING!!

Dee Jackson said...

Gorgeous Maki! I love the colors and your coloring is fab!!

BusyBeeStampin said...

A delightful card. Such beautiful colors and so soft.
~Penny~

Sabrina Jackson said...

Makiko san, oh my goodness, so much BEAUTY on one card.....amazing!! Girl, your colors are so beautiful and the way you have layered those fabulous ornaments over that doily and the shabby feel of the ribbon and that sheet music....breathtaking!!! This is absolutely utsukushii (beautiful)I hope I got that right ;D. Hugs, Sabrina

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful! Love the gold embossing and pretty purples. The inking and distressing add a lot of texture. :)

Karen W said...

OMGosh this is awesome, I totally am in love with this and I"m going to try and case this, over the top gorgeous!

Betty Wright said...

Maki, this is gorgeous! Using one of my all time favorite stamp sets and the distressed musical score stamped background is fabulous1 Lovely Christmas card!

Silke Ledlow said...

Fabulous X-mas card Maki!!! The embossed ornaments are perfect!!! I love the awesome colors you used and of course the distressing!!! Hugs ~S~

Theresa said...

Hello Maki,

Wow! Your card is absolutely stunning. I don't think that even describes how gorgeous this card is. Beautiful work!

ChristineCreations said...

Completely gorgeous Maki...what beautiful plum shades!

Dawn B. said...

This is stunning Maki.. I love the colors.. You always do terrific work.

dining table said...

This is so beautiful! I like what you did with the embossing. It is really awesome.

Trinity said...

Lovely, very unique, I'll surely want to receive a card like that...gorgeous.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Maki, this is stunning! I love your colour choices...so unique and gorgeous. Your colouring and sponging, and all your details make this a real beauty!

Leslie Miller said...

Utterly gorgeous! The colors, the design -- WOW!!

Sandy Ang said...

Wonder textures on your card - the lace, the doily and twine. The almost monochromatic background sets off the ornaments so well !

stampqueen said...

Absolutly beautiful!!!! Love the purples and all the wonderful layers!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...