2.20.2012

RI SOTW–Week of Feb 20th, 2012

 

Mina_1_edited

Hello again,

This is my second post for today. I made this card for Stamp of The Week from Repeat Impressions. This week’s SOTW is the Japanese lady image, Mina (5701-J)No, she is not me….although I though she looked like, lol. The SOTW is available exclusively to our RI blog readers at 50% OFF with the special discount code from Mon, Feb 20th to Sun, 26th. To get the discount code and more information about the SOTW, please go to the RI blog, The House That Stamps Built.

 

I stamped Mina and colored her with Copic markers. I used the Japanese style washi paper for the background and the gold vellum for the border. Then, I stamped the sentiment, Wish You Were (2821-H) on the bottom and  the added the tab with the word, Japan (5616-E) for the side of the image mat. To finish off, I embellished the ribbon and the rhinestones.

 

 

Be sure to check out the creations by the RI Rock Stars below to get more inspirations too!!

Cheri Weston

Karen Hasheck

Kendra DeCota

Miriam Napier

 

 

Stamps: Mina, Wish You Were, Japan (Repeat Impressions)
Paper: perfect plum (SU), Pop Tones red hot, heavenly white (PaperTemptres), gold vellum, Japanese style washi paper 
Ink: Memento tuxedo black (Tsukineko), perfect plum (SU), Copic markers 
Accessories: ribbon, rhinestones 
Tools: border punch

 

Thank you for Stopping by. Have a great day!

Maki

2 comments:

joy said...

I thought this was totally beautiful! The paper, the coloring, the shading on the image -- everything - even your sentiment is perfect!

Cheri said...

This is so lovely, Maki. Mina is so beautifully colored and layered. Wonderful card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...