7.26.2010

FTTC77 – Emily’s Pins Challenge

 

Cherries_&_Peaches_4-1_edited

Hello everyone~

It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge(FTTC77) !  It is the end of the month so we have a challenge host.  This month's host is Emily Keaton.  Emily is challenging us to  use “Pins”!   All kinds of pins will do.  Think stick pins, hat pins, safety pins, straight pins, diaper pins, even mini clothes pins or a brooch-style pin.  We would love to see what you create! 

 

OK…you’re probably thinking where I used PINS. Since the challenge says “All kinds of pins will do”, I used the clothespins :) Plus, it was so fun to use the tiny clothespin for the last week’s FTTC card and I decided to use them again! I used Cherries & Peaches set with the altered box. The images were colored with Copic MarkersPoppy Collection, Tiger Lily Collection and Evergreen Collection.

I bought these lunch tin boxes for a while ago and they are stored in the cabinet for a long time…maybe too long, lol. I decided to bring them back to light after I read the one of Dare To Get Challenge 2010 over SCS. I also submitted to the couple more challenges for today’s project. There are those challenges…

- DTGD10cindy_haffner

- DTGD10debbiedee

- DTDG10melmel

 

Here is the image for each box. You can click the photo to see the enlarged image.

Cherries_&_Peaches_4-2_edited Cherries_&_Peaches_4-3_edited

 

You can follow this wonderful tutorial by Emily Giovanni to alter the tin box. My printer is out of ink, so I just used the 1 1/4” square & 1” circle punches to cut out the notch part.

I already sold the cherry tin box :):) and my daughter wants to have the peach one… I could just give it to her but I told she has to earn it with her chores and cleaning up her room ;) Mean mommy, lol!

 

 

Be sure to check out other FOF’s creations!

Emily (Guest Challenge Hostess)

Barb

Betty

Cindy

Dee

Silke

 

 

 

Stamps: Cherries & Peaches, Strawberries - sentiments (Flourishes)
Paper: riding hood red, tangerine tango, chocolate chip, baja breeze, retired DP (SU), designer papaers (MME), white cardstock  
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, desert sand, tangelo, angel pink, summer sky (Tsukineko), Copic markers
Accessories: ribbon, clothespins, vintage twine
Tools: tin lunch boxes for the project, circle & scallop circle Nestabilities, square & circle punch, Mod Podge, foam brush, sand paper, fixative spray for the stamped mats & layers

 

 

Thank you for stopping by.

Maki

9 comments:

Betty Wright said...

Oh, my word! Maki, this is just sensational and so beautifully done! Your coloring is fantastic! Totally LOVIN' the clothespin with little tag! I must get this set! You totally sold me on it! Awesome work!

Sasya said...

these are really beautiful!!! ♥♥♥

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, Maki!! These lunch boxes are just precious, and, of course, I LOVE your teensy, tiny clothespins!! I loved them last week, too, and was kinda hoping you'd bring them out again. Yay!! So glad you did. You did a super job altering these tins, and your coloring on those FAV fruit images is awesome. Thanks for the beautiful eye candy this morning :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Super cute lunch-boxes Maki!!! Your cloth pins are adorable...I already admired them on your card the other day!!! Hugs ~S~

Earline said...

What a wonderful ideal you have love this.

Lynette said...

Awesome boxes, Maki - very well done!

marilynprestonn said...

Love your boxes Makiko. There is alot you can put in those. Love your images and litle scallop dies for them. Beautiful work. Pristine!

Tammy Hershberger said...

These are fabulous, Maki! I too have tons of these boxes that are just gathering dust... you've inspired me to get them out again! :)

Barbara said...

Fabulous, just fabulous! The clothespins are PERFECT!! I love it all, Maki!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...