7.12.2010

RI SOTW – Week of Jul 12th, 2010

 

SONY DSC

Hello everyone~

It’s a time for Repeat Impression Stamp of the Week!! This week’s SOTW is this gorgeous bird image “Great Blue Heron (1704-P)”. As always, the SOTW is available exclusively to our RI blog readers at 50% OFF with the discount code from Mon, Jul 12th – Sun, 18th. To get the code and more information about the SOTW, please go to the RI blog “The House That Stamps Built”.

 

SONY DSC

As you see, this is a quite large image for the standard card size….so I kept my card pretty simple. I used the color combo from SCS Color Combination Challenge 276 (CC276). I stamped the image and colored with Copic Markers. After I stamped the sentiment, Best Wishes Vertical (6107-J), I draw the frame with the multi liner pen and sponged the inside of the frame with apricot color ink. To complete the card, I embellished the ribbon, the photo corners and the decorative border.

 

 

 

Now, be sure to check out the creations by the Rock Stars below to get more inspirations!!

Dana Joy * Harriet Skelly * Joy Hadden * Julie Smith *

Lynette Neus * Robin Kirkpatrick 

 

 

Stamps: Great Blue Heron, Best Wishes Vertical (Repeat Impressions)
Paper:  classic ivory (Flourishes),  (SU),  Nook & Pantry (BG) 
Ink: Memento tuxedo black (Tsukineko), certainly celery (SU), Copic markers
Accessories: ribbon, pearls 
Tools: classic oval Nestabilities, border punch, Scor-Pal

 

 

Thank you for stopping by. What If? Wednesday sketch challenge will be posted on Wednesday…come back to see my Repeat Impressions card again!

Maki

11 comments:

Ayana Posadas said...

Fabulous card, Makiko!

Lynette said...

Super card, Makiko! Great coloring, and I love the border you drew. I really like the way the punched border goes past the edge, too. Oh, and the photo corners! :)

Julie said...

Fantastic card, love everything about this one....great color choices!

Theresa said...

WOW!! What a lovely card. Beautiful work.

~Hugs, Theresa

Whimsey said...

urgh....my comment didn't show up!

Love your card; the colors are beautiful!!

Nancy said...

What a gorgeous card! Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. I am enjoying yours!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card.

Joan
MN

Darsie Bruno said...

love your color combination, Makiko! Such a great card!!

joy said...

I love how you have made your frame line come up to the "Best Wishes" sentiment! That's way cool!!

Harriet Skelly said...

maki I love how you created that frame around this gorgeous image. Your coloring is beautifully done!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Wonderful job with this image, Maki. Very nice the way you did the border and sentiment. Love the new photo of you, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...