6.05.2009

CC221 & OCC Challenge


Hello everyone~
Well, today is the last day of school for my kids! I'm not looking forward to having them in a house but I hope we can have some fun time this summer. Both of my kids did a fantastic job throughout the school year. Kimberly was awarded for Perfect Attendance and Trey was awarded for Honer Roll with all A's for the entire year!! I'm so proud of them :)

皆さん、こんにちは~
子供達は、今日が学校の終了式でした。これからしばらくの間、子供達が家に居るのは、あまり嬉しいことではありませんが(笑)、今年の夏も、思い出を作りながら楽しく過ごしたいと思っています。今年も1年通して、子供達とても頑張りました。キンバリーは皆勤賞、トレイは1年通してストレートAの成績で、優秀賞を夫々貰ってきました!本当に良かった:)

I just got the set, 3 Step Aloha! from Kitchen Sink Stamps and really wanted to ink them up, lol.
I thought SCS Color Combination Challenge 221 (CC221) was wonderful colors to use and I also combined the sketch from Our Creative Corner (OCCC).
I often use stamp-off technique and used the same ink pad with the different stamps. For the leaves and flowers, I used only 2 green ink pads and 2 red (pink) ink pads. They still give a great dimension to the images, don't you think?
The dew drops are also available at Kitchen Sink Stamps. I used the ones from poinsettia for the card.

Kitchen Sink Stampsから、3 Step Aloha!のセットが届いたので、早速インクを付けました(笑)SCSカラーコンビネーションチャレンジ221(CC221)が、今回のセットにとって素敵な色合いだと思ったのと、Our Creative Corner (OCCC)のスケッチも良かったので、併せて使いました。
このカードでは、私がよく使うテクニック、スタンプオフを使っています。このテクニックを使うと、沢山違うインクを使わなくても、イメージに素敵な陰影を表現することができます。今回は、葉と花には、夫々緑2色、赤(ピンク)2色のインクしか使っていません。
このデュードロップも、Kitchen Sink Stampsで販売しています。私は、poinsettiaのを使いました。


Stamps: 3 Step Aloha! (KSS)
Paper: tangerine tango, riding hood red, (SU), dark chocolate, white cardstock (PTI)
Ink: leaves - kiwi kiss, old olive (SU), flowers - pink pirouette, riding hood red (SU), doll - brush blossom, creamy caramel, chocolate chip (SU), sentiment - tangerine tango (SU)
Accessories: dew drops (The Robin's Nest - available at Kitchen Sink Stamps)

Tools: piercing tool




Thank you for looking. Have a nice weekend!
見に来てくださって、有難うございました。良い週末をお過ごしください。

7 comments:

Connie M. said...

Oh Maki! This image is just perfect for this color combo! It works great with this sketch too! Wonderful!

smallcity said...

Maki, this card is beautiful!! love the colors, wish i was in Hawaii today. Have fun, There is a new petting zoo opening up real close to my house pretty soon. Your kids may enjoy going there.
smallcity

Joanne (jojot) said...

this is so tropical and gorgeous....great layout, colors, coloring, and details

Christi Flores said...

Oooh...I love this!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Wow, Makiko San, this is an absolutely gorgeous card!!!! I feel you about the kids being home,but it all works out. Congratulations to both of your kids for doing so well. I know what you mean about being proud of them, my DD brought home 3 awards and all A's. It just does a Mom good :D:D. Hugs my friend, Sabrina

Silke Ledlow said...

Aloha - Maki!!! This is one beautiful card and take on the OCC Sketch!!!

Thanks again for playing along my sweet friend :) Hugs ~S~

Torico said...

もう夏ですね~。こちらは、間もなく梅雨入りしそうな蒸し暑いお天気です。
お子様たち、素晴らしい!日本と違って長い長い夏休み、素敵な思い出をたくさん作ってくださいね!

スタンプオフ…すみません、どんなテクニックなのか私はわからないのですが、とてもきれいな陰影が出て素敵ですね!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...