3.07.2011

KS Monday–Have a Lucky Day!

 

SONY DSC

Hello and Happy Monday everyone~

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I didn’t update my blog for a few days but I was busy with making cards :)

It’s nothing related with card making but Son of Troy’s cousin was involved a terrible car accident a couple days ago. He’s got a severe head injury and transported to the hospital in Dallas. Although they were able to take off pressure from his brain, his condition is still in critical. He is only 14 years old and strong with kindred hearts. I believe he will make it through but our family can use your prayers…

 

 

OK, I have two cards to show you today…

You might need shades for the card above, lol. It was actually made for the challenge from Sunday Everything PLUS the Kitchen Sink Challenge 6 (EP06). Rainbow colors make me happy and lucky and I decided to create the card with the feelings. The sketch is come from Sweet Stop Sketch (SSS98).

SONY DSC

I used Multi Step Lucky Horseshoe and Multi Step Shamrocks & Clover sets to create the main image. The saying is from Ready 4 Any Holidays. I got these happy & fun rainbow papers from Hobby Lobby…they are from Paper Studios…my daughter and I are in love with the collection.

 

These are the steps I did for each image:
(Horseshoe) 3rd – Memento tuxedo black,  2nd – tuxedo black (1 x stamp off), 1st – Memento london fog

(Shamrock & clover) 3rd – SU garden green,  2nd – SU old olive , 1st – SU old olive (1 x stamp off)

 

 

 

SONY DSC

The next card is CAS as you see. I made this for Monday 10 Minutes Card Challenge 9 (10MC9). The challenge is to use the big bow to finish off. Thanks to the wonderful Nestabilities, I actually finished this card in 10 minutes!! Woohoo!

SONY DSC

This card is just perfect for this time of the year. A little bird told me that Bluebonnets started blooming in South Texas! I think spring has officially sprung here, yay!!

I used Multi Step Bluebonnets for the main image and 3 Step Daisies for the saying.

 

 

These are the steps I did for each image:
(Bluebonnets) 4th – SU pacific point, 3rd – pacific point (1 x stamp off),  2nd – SU bashful blue, 1st – Memento cantaloupe (just tips of flowers)

(Leaves) 3rd – SU garden green,  2nd – SU wild wasabi 1st – wild wasabi (1 x stamp off)

 

 

To get your 10 % off discount for your order: CLICK HERE

 

 

 

Be sure to check out what other KS Crews are cookin’ for KS Monday today!!

Angela * Connie * Julie * Lisa * Lynn * Maria

 

 

 

[Have a Lucky Day]

Stamps:  Multi Step Lucky Horseshoe, Multi Step Shamrocks & Clover, Ready 4 Any Holidays (KSS)
Paper: old olive, barely banana, basic black (SU), heavenly white (PaperTemptress), designer paper (Paper Studios) 
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, london fog (Tsukineko), garden green, old olive, so saffron (SU) 
Accessories: ribbon, Prima flowers, rhinestones, rhinestone brad 
Tools: square Nestabilities, scallop oval punch, scallop border punch, leaf punch, piercing tool

 

[Bluebonnets Birthday]

Stamps:  Multi Step Bluebonnets, 3 Step Daisy (KSS)
Paper: pacific point (SU), heavenly white (PaperTemptress) 
Ink:  pacific point, bashful blue, garden green, wild wasabi (SU) 
Accessories: ribbon, rhinestones 
Tools: label 1 and 13 Nestabilities, CB embossing folder

7 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Makiko, I am so saddened to hear of this tragic accident. I will certainly keep this young man and your family in my every prayer.

Your cards are gorgeous and yes, we have seen a bluebonnet or two here in south Texas! Thanks for sharing that fabulous card in the 10 Minute Challenge!

Awesome layering of the clover and horseshoe!! I love all the colorful embellishments!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the horseshoe amoung the field of clovers! Beautiful CAS design using the BlueBonnets! So sorry to hear about Troy's Cousin's son - will be keeping him in my prayers!

Ayana Posadas said...

Wow, Makiko. Your cards are truly beautiful. I love them both A LOT!
I'm so sorry to read about the accident. I hope the situation improves. I will definitely keep him and your family in my thoughts.
Big Hugs!

Connie M. said...

Oh Maki! Both cards are so beautiful! Love all the clovers with your horseshoe, and those beautiful blue flowers!!!

I am so sorry to hear about the accident...please know I am praying for him and the family! Hugs!!

Denise Marzec said...

Ugh, sorry to hear about that accident and I hope he's okay.

Both cards are totally beautiful, but the colors on that first one made me say "Wow!" out loud. LOVE them!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards Maki! I love the clover and horseshoe - and the bluebonnets are so pretty!! Sorry to hear of that accident - hope he's doing better!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

First, I'm so sorry to hear of that accident. I will keep him and and the family in my prayers.

And both of your cards are just beautiful. Love the bright fun colors of the horseshoe card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...