7.25.2011

KS Monday–Strawberry Seed Packet Card

 

SONY DSC

 

Hello and happy Kitchen Sink Monday everyone~

I’m writing this post away from home. I came to Houston to prescreen if I was eligible to donate white blood cells for my father in law. He has been diagnosed Acute Myeloid Leukemia and been taken Chemo-treatment at MD Anderson for about 10 days so far. He’s doing good, just some side affects from chemo but there are more better days now than when the first couple days he started. There are possibilities he may have infections so some of his family and friends need to prepare for white blood cells donation. I didn’t know it was a little different process from the normal blood donation and the prescreen result is only good for 30 days. After 30 days, I have to do re prescreen again. The best thing is that he won’t have to need the white blood cells at all, but when he needs, I’m always available to donate! Please pray for him that he can finish the treatment with no complications and for my mother in law for her strength and health so that she can continue to support and be with him.

 

 

SONY DSCI made today’s KS Monday project with using the new set, Seed Packet. The set works wonderfully with other KSS sets, like Multi Step Berries I used for the card! I designed the strawberries using  some masking. The berries were stamped as following these steps: 1st – SU pink pirouette, 2nd – SU regal rose, 3rd – SU riding hood red, 4th – VersaFine imperial purple. The leaves were: 1st – SU certainly celery, 2nd – SU old olive (1 x stamp off), 3rd – old olive. I just noticed that I didn’t use any ribbons or embellishments! Not usual for me but I really liked how the card was turned out so I didn’t even noticed that :)

 

 

 

To get your 10 % off discount for your order: CLICK HERE

 

 

Be sure to check out what other KS Crews are cookin’ for KS Monday today!!

Angela * Connie * Julie * Lisa * Lynn * Maria

 

 

 

 

Stamps: Multi Step Berries, Seed Packet (KSS)
Paper: riding hood red, old olive (SU), heavenly white (PaperTemptress), designer papers (BG)
Ink: pink pirouette, regal rose, riding hood red, certainly celery, old olive (SU), Memento tuxedo black, VersaFine imperial purple (Tsukineko) 
Accessories: none
Tools: none

 

 

Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful week.

Maki

7 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

The strawberries look so yummy on the seed packet!

Lynn McAuley said...

What an amazing beauty, Makiko!! I love this mix of the seed packet with the berries!! So very beautiful with your fabulous papers and perfect placement of elements!! Outstanding!!!

Angela Maez said...

My prayers are with you and your family Maki. Oh, and of course I LOVE your card, those berries look like they are getting ready to pop off the page. Beautifully done!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a gorgeous 'seed packet'....and with such wonderful sentiments....fabbo

Connie M. said...

Maki! Your strawberries look so great with the seed packet set! Such a wonderful summery card!

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous card!! Just made me sigh with delight when I saw it!! I love the colors of your berries! :)

Leslie Miller said...

Those strawberries are unbelievable, as are all Kitchen Sink images. Love how they turn out. So beautiful! Cute seed packet stamp, too. Just love this card. Sending heartfelt wishes for your father-in-law's road to recovery. I know this is a scary time for the family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...