7.25.2011

RI SOTW–Week of Jul 25th, 2011

 

SONY DSC

 

Hello again,

This is my second post and I have one more card to show you today! I made this for this week’s Stamp of The Week from Repeat Impressions!! The SOTW is this adorable image, Headin’ Home (2901-O) . The SOTW is available exclusively to our RI blog readers at 50% OFF with the special discount code from Mon, Jul 25th to Sun, Jul 31st. To get the discount code and more information about the SOTW, please go to the RI blog “The House That Stamps Built”.

 

SONY DSC

For my card, I decided to color the image with sepia tones  (Copic markers – E30, 31, 33, 34, 35, 37 and 80)…something nostalgic about the image. Maybe she reminds of me when I was little, lol. I designed card with cardstock and sepia shell patterned paper using the sketch from SCS Sketch Challenge 342 (SC342). The blue panel was stamped with Sandcastle (9016-M) and I used the sentiment Wish You Were (2821-H). To finish off the card, I dressed with the brown & blue pearls.

 

 

Be sure to check out the creations by the RI Rock Stars below to get more inspirations too!!

Harriet Skelly * Karen Hasheck * Miriam Napier * Robin Kirkpatrick

 

 

 

Stamps: Headin’ Home, Sandcastle, Wish You Were Here (Repeat Impressions)
Paper: bashful blue, crumb cake (SU) heavenly white (PaperTemptress), designer papers (DCVW)
Ink: Memento rich cocoa (Tsukineko), Copic markers
Accessories: pearls
Tools: border punch

 

 

Thank you for stopping by.

Maki

5 comments:

Whimsey said...

WOW - love those sepias tones; so cute!

Joanne (jojot) said...

Maki....this is such a sweet, heartwarming stunner

Wendy Wyman said...

Fabulous coloring on this card! The sepia color scheme is so unique too... so old fashioned looking. Totally loving it!!

Anonymous said...

Love your take on this! So unique! Miriam

LindaS said...

Gorgeous coloring.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...