1.04.2010

FTTC48 -- Color Challenge 2 + 1

Hello and happy Tuesday everyone~ It's the first Flourishes Timeless Tuesday of the year 2010! Some of you are wondering why I'm still here?? Well...my friends, Friends of Flourishes are so kind to let me stay permanently in FOF team!! Woohoo!! I hope you will keep coming back here to see my FTTC work again :):)

This week I am the challenge host and challenging you to a color challenge (FTTC48) . I am giving you two colors and you have to choose one. Sort of like a 2 +1 color combo. The colors are black and yellow plus another color of your choice! Have fun playing along with us. We look forward to seeing what you create!


I decided to use olive green for my choice. This beautiful daffodil image from Signs of Spring was stamped with black ink on the watercolor paper. Then I water-colored with reinkers and Twinking H2Os. After the image was completely dried, I simply stamped the greeting. I created the loop borders and corners using the border and corner punch - great punches!!


Stamps: Signs of Spring (Flourishes)
Paper: classic white, watercolor paper (Flourishes), barely banana (SU), black cardstock (Bazzil), Bitty Box dp (PTI)
Ink:
India black ink (Superior), summer sun, so saffron, barely banana, pumpkin pie, more mustard, kiwi kiss, old olive (SU), Twinkling H2Os - chestnut brown
Accessaries: ribbon, gold code, rhinestones
Tools: Nestabilities, border punch, corner punch


Don't forget to check the rest of FOF's creations!!

Cindy Haffner




Thank you for stopping by.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow this is beautiful!

Denise said...

Very Beautiful! Wow, I love the layout & awesome coloring.
Aloha,
Denise

Cindy Haffner said...

Your card is GORGEOUS!!

Betty Wright said...

Maki, this is so striking and beautifully done! Gorgeous coloring and detailing! Lovely card!

Denise Marzec said...

Your coloring is jaw dropping gorgeous! Love the cord with the plaid ribbon, too!

Dee Jackson said...

Gorgeous coloring on this Maki!! I really like all the details and the fancy corners really opo.

Silke Ledlow said...

Good Morning Maki!!!

Your card is GORGEOUS!!! The daffodil looks fab....awesome coloring - GF!!! Love the design of your card too!!

NancyK said...

You've created such a beautiful card - your coloring is gorgeous! Oh for spring!

Dina said...

GORGEOUS!!! The clor combo is fantastic and I love your water coloring- WOW!!! Also love the new look of the blog- Happy New Year!

Becky said...

OH MAKIKO this is gorgeous, love how you colored this, and the design paper and yellow makes this look so elegant

Carol L said...

This flower is perfectly colored! I love the shading around the image! Beautiful corners and color choices! TFS a great challenge for us to play along with!

The Rubber Maid said...

Kind of hard one but also a great challenge. Love your card and also love making us think outside the box. Pat

Joanne (jojot) said...

gorgeous...love all the detail work

smallcity said...

Wow, this card is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Love everything about it.

smallcity

ChristineCreations said...

Maki, this is gorgeous! I love the richness in the yellow and black. I just got this corner punch/border punch for Christmas :) Beautifully done!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...